Historial articles

The Real Fábrica de Paños of San Fernando de Henares was built between 1747 and 1749 at a site located near the river Jarama. It was a square building organized around a large courtyard providing natural light to the various departments of the factories in the access floor. On the top floor was the home of the governor, who had a dozen rooms with fireplaces France. The main facade of the building is limestone quarry and it concentrates all the ornamentation of the work. This factory produced high quality fine cloth for a short period of time.

Read more: Historial articles

Industrial heritage

One of the most important chapters of the historical heritage of the region is the industrial heritage of which we find examples of complex manufacturing of the Enlightenment Age, elements of ancient irrigation and navigation systems deployed in the area over time and various infrastructure related to communications and transportation of goods and passengers.

Historic bridges

Inside the park itself and adjacent points are a series of interesting historic bridges. The oldest are the Puente de Viveros, near San Fernando de Henares and Aranjuez Puente Largo, both of stone, built in the eighteenth century to save the course of the Jarama. The rest are steel bridges constructed between the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries along this river to replace earlier work, communicate populations that previously had only boats to save their banks or to service rail lines. The bridge of Mejorada del Campo was built in 1922 in the spot where once stood the old boat used to cross the river by the ford "Arrebatacardos", the Arganda Bridge, replaced two separate wooden and iron bridges built in the first mid-nineteenth century that were damaged by floods. The railway bridge Madrid-Arganda, built in the early twentieth century, is situated at the height of the El Piul, La Poveda. Its construction is related to the extension to Arganda railway line Madrid-Vaciamadrid.

Read more: Historic bridges

Irrigation and navegation sistems

Of interest are the examples of ancient irrigation and navigation systems that existed on the banks of the Manzanares and Jarama rivers. The first was the Real Acequia del Jarama River, for irrigation, construction of which began in 1578. Large numbers are now preserved vestiges of this work in the municipalities of San Martín de la Vega (House gates of the XVI-XVII and Molino de Matalobos or Molino del Rey), Rivas-Vaciamadrid and Ciempozuelos.

Read more: Irrigation and navegation sistems

Historic urban

The Royal Site of San Fernando de Henares retains much of its original urban fabric. A mid-eighteenth century the Crown acquired extensive grounds on the banks of the river Jarama for a factory of fine cloth, in the industrial policy promoted by the Borbones. Around the factory village grew to house the workers, whose line responds to the Baroque town planning schemes. The most salient of all are the Plaza de España, a large square space to open their factory walls and homes of workers and a round plaza surrounded by eight trapezoidal blocks was attached to the former through the call Calle Real. The construction project also envisaged the implementation of a series of works to support the needs of the factory and installed the population there.

Read more: Historic urban

Page 1 of 3